1 Qt. BAG OF Hydro Stone
Approximately 3/8" sized pieces.
SUGGESTED USE: Mix 50% pumice with 50% soil and plant succulents directly into that. & if you live somewhere there is a large amount of rainfall, and a layer of pumice on top of soil to catch excess rainwater and prevent over watering & rot.
Grow stones Hydroponic Medium Give You:
Grow stone Hydroponic Substrate is the perfect growing media for vegetables, herbs, fruit and flowering plants from lettuce and basil, to tomatoes, cucumbers, strawberries, gerbera daisies and orchids. It can be used in hydroponic systems as simple as manually irrigated containers, or as advanced as automatically drip irrigated containers, Ebb-Flow systems, and NFT tables.
- Highly effective balance between air and water content at field capacity, meaning high air-filled porosity coexist with high water holding capacity.
- Grow stones hold 3 times more water and 12% more air than Hydroton.
- Easy control of root zone moisture content high steer-ability.
- Easy drainage and re-wetting after being completely dehydrated.
- Silica release in a form plants can uptake.
- Highly flexibility for different plant needs for consistent high yield.
- No weed seeds or disease spores.
- Re-usability and lightweight.
- A sustainable and earth-friendly option.
An Engineered Substrate For Consistent Results
Grow stones aggregates are engineered to provide an effective ratio between aeration and moisture to any hydroponic system. While other substrates maximize either air or moisture, Grow stones are designed to allow for both moisture absorption and drainage.
Most important in any growing medium is the air in the medium after drainage. Plant roots require air (particularly oxygen) for growth process respiration.
Grow stones aggregates make for an ideal hydroponic substrate due to its small and large pores. When the substrate is irrigated, water is held in the micro pores but quickly drains through the macro pores, allowing fresh air to flow through the substrate, which brings oxygen to the roots and removes carbon dioxide from the root zone.
This high-performance soil less growing media is engineered to deliver proper air and water balance for optimal growing conditions. Breakthrough technology enables this 100% recycled, 100% American-made growing material.
- Helps prevent over watering plant roots
- Place in bottom of the container and cover with soil
- Made of 100% organic recycled materials
- Product of the USA